Sunday, October 15, 2006

DFC VII Week Eight

I'm sitting here watching Boise State beat up on the New Mexico State Aggies. We didn't pick this game. I have nothing riding on this. Why am I watching it? I love college football. Feel the burn.

College Games
All ranks from AP Poll, all times central

19. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (6-0) at Pittsburgh Panthers (6-1), 11am
So, its not going to happen, but can I tell you that I'm giddy about the slight possibility that Rutgers might play in a BCS bowl? They are flippin' 16th in the BCS rankings!! Yeah, they'll probably lose to Louisville in a few weeks, then probably to West Virginia, but as of right now, they have a shot. However, Pittsburgh leads the Big East with a 2-0 conference record, which is why this game is so big.

South Carolina Gamecocks (4-2) at Vanderbilt Commodores (3-4), 2pm
They lost to the now-#2 team in the country, Michigan, by 20. Then they lost to Alabama by 3, then a now-we-know-is-tough Arkansas team by 2. They blew out both Tennessee State and Temple, before dropping an egg to Ole Miss by 7. And then, Vandy goes and beats Georgia. Now... it would seem that the Gamecocks will come in and blow out the Dores, 'cause surely they aren't good enough to beat two good teams in a row, right? I mean, with UGA, they practically sat on the 50 and tried their best to give the game to the Dawgs. SC will win, right? Right? Pick 'em.

20. Boston College Golden Eagles (5-1) at Florida State Seminoles (4-2), 230pm, ABC
I had typed "Alabama" and "Tennessee" in this paragraph, intending on having that game be one of our picks. However, I think we all realize that Alabama might just get killed. And for those few of you who pick The Tide no matter what, that just wouldn't be fair, it would be like a gimme for the rest of us. So... BC and FSU go at it for your picking pleasure, so you may enjoy the UA/UT game with no worries. Other than the outcome, that is.

13. Georgia Tech Jellow Jackets (5-1) at 12. Clemson Tigers (6-1), 645pm, ESPN
One look at the ACC Conference Standings tells you that this just might be the preview of the ACC Championship. I'm trying to talk Tyler, my bro-in-law and East Division mate, into going to Clemson, just so I could visit him and go to a Clemson game. How cool would that be? I'm also trying to talk to my friend Launi in Atlanta about going to a Georgia Tech game. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

NFL Games

Carolina Panthers (4-2) at Cincinnati Bengals (3-2), 12pm, Fox

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-3) at Atlanta Falcons (3-2), 12pm, CBS

Green Bay Packers (1-4) at Miami Dolphins (1-5), 12pm
Crap Alert! Crap Alert! You might actually be in pain watching this game!

Monday Night Game
NYGiants (3-2) at Dallas Cowboys (3-2), 730pm ESPN

TieBreak Game
Crap alert! Total points scored, Green Bay & Miami.

No comments: