Monday, October 09, 2006

DFC VII Week Seven

I have received games from: David Mark Osborne, Daniel Powell, Tebe Shaw, Ty Coffey, Tyler Campbell, Mikey Nipp, Ryan Sherman & James Hawbaker

College Games
All rankings from USA Today Coach's Poll, all times CST

THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
17. Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1) at 25. Boston College Eagles (4-1), 630pm
One heckuva ACC battle, and its even bigger because its pretty much a done deal that neither Miami nor Florida State will be winning the ACC... leaving it to GaTech, Clemson, BC, VaTech... perhaps Wake Forest?

Saturday Games
Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-1) at NCState Wolfpac (3-2), 11am
Why this game? Because NCState is undefeated in the ACC, and leading the Atlantic Conference, and Wake Forest seems like they are much better, a game behind the Wolfpack in the ACC. NCState just beat Florida State. Wake Forest blew a big lead to Clemson and lost their first game on Saturday. Pick 'em.

Ole Miss Runnin' Rebels (2-4) at Alabama Crimson Tide (4-2), 230pm, CBS
Monday Night Raw is coming on the WWE, and though I don't anticipate it, I would love to see The Rock come back for one more match. Its live tonight at the U of South Carolina. Why couldn't Troy host Raw? Oh! My main man John Cena is coming out... rock on. He's got the coolest entrace music since WCW's Wolfpac (not to be confused with the NC State Wolfpack) I only bring this up because I really have nothing interesting or caring to say about either one of these teams. Except... Duke?

3. Florida Gators (6-0) at 10. Auburn Tigers (5-1) , 645pm, ESPN Full Circle
If you were to ask me "Hey Dave, what college team are you for?" I'd say Troy. If you said "No, Dave, a real team", I'd say Auburn. If you said, "Okay, who's your #2?" I'd probably say Florida. I'm rooting for Auburn. But, I also personally think that Florida will play Michigan for the national title (Ohio State goes down to Michigan--you heard it here). This is tough for me, because I'm a fight in the East Division where every game matters. I'm torn. Of course, this is the kind of game where Jon Osborne pops up and says "I personally hope that the stadium blows up and takes both teams out, but since I have to pick one..."

NFL Games
Carolina Panthers (3-2) at Baltimore Ravens (4-0)

NYGiants (2-2) at Atlanta Falcons (3-1)

Seattle Seahawks (3-1) at St. Louis Rams (4-1)

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-3)

TieBreak Game:
Aw, what the heck. Auburn vs. Florida, total points scored.

No comments: