(16) TCU 44, (6) Oklahoma State 31
(11) Georgia 31, (17) Mississippi State 3
(20) Florida 28, Kentucky 17
Notre Dame 38, Michigan State 18
Stanford , UCLA
Indianapolis Colts 31, Cleveland Browns 27
Minnesota Vikings 34, Tampa Bay Bucs 17
Atlanta Falcons 30, Detroit Lions 26
Washington Redskins 27, Oakland Raiders 10
THE WEEK THAT WAS
It's been three seasons since she had a weekly victory of her own, but Lori "Sunshine" Beirne wins it at 8-2, taking her 7th weekly win of her career. Steven "Mister" Ray comes up short, but also at 8-2, gets 2nd place.
Mark "The Mighty" Gainey gets 3rd, with Bradley Pinky in 4th, and Casey Lewis in 5th. Young Garrett Cheney is in 6th for the week, and Remodeling Clay Shaver takes 7th, while Big Eddy Mac gets 8th, all at 7-3.
Finishing up the top ten is Matt "The Mad Scientist" Halpert and Hurricane Rhett Barnett, tied for 9th, at 6-4.
6-4: G'Randy Latta... Zack "The Attack" Graves... Mitchell Pinky... Jenny Ernst... Sarah "The Comeback" Hasha... Tommy "The Highlander" McLeod... Michael "The Wheel" Ferris...
5-5: James "The Pick Maker" Hawbaker... Atlanta Bill Seybolt... Brad "Lawdawg" Latta... Trey "The Answer" Cartledge... Big Tom Johnson... Brad "The Bald One" Ashby...
4-6: Drew // Morris... Lt Dan Sellers... Jonny Osborne... Matt Pinky... Eddy the Lesser... Pinky Pinkerton... Drew "The Grassman" Warren... Brett "The Popman" Smith... Mikey Nipp... Rick TOOOLIE... DMO.. Danny Powell
3-7: Tyler "The Self Appointed Sexy Beast of the DFC" Campbell... Justin "The Rookie" Dearing... Mark "The Funky Bunch" Warner... Yours Truly
2-8: Justin "The Blend" Glenn... Tad "The Dynasty" Roose...
1-9: Tim "The Big" Wasyluka... The Croyle
|THE YOURS TRULY CONFERENCE|
|THE HALPERT CONFERENCE|
|South Central Division|
THE DFC POWER POLL TOP 12
dropped out: Justin Dearing (7)... DMOsborne (8)... Eddy Jr (12)
aaaaaand the bottom five...
LIES, DARN LIES & STATISTICS
Welcome to this season's first edition of a whole of bunch of real stats that show how insanely long we've been doing this...
- First up... the .500 record. This is a long standing record of consecutive weeks where you go at least 500 or better. The current record is held by Tad "The Dynasty" Roose, who went 45 weeks without a losing record. Thats Week 3 of DFC IV (2003) to Week 2 of DFC VIII (2007), and its been a record for 10 years now
- In second place on that is Yours Truly, who's streak of 32 weeks ended last season in Week 6
- The current streak worth mentioning is with Zack "The Attack" Graves, who's 6-4 this week earned him his 30th consecutive .500 or better week, making him only the 3rd all time to reach at least 30 weeks
- Only six DFC'ers have ever reached 20 weeks in this streak: Tad, Yours Truly, Zack, then Matt "The Mad Scientist" Halpert (24wks)... former DFC'er Gary "The Idol" Eubanks (24wks)... Justin "The Blend" Glenn (21wks)... and Lori "Sunshine" Beirne (20wks)
- To show you how hard this streak is to get going, note that the 2nd longest current streak is held by Brad "Lawdawg" Latta at 12 weeks
- Even harder to do is go above .500 every week -- the longest streak there is held by future DFC Hall of Famer and former champ Matt "Great Bear of the North" Latta, at 17 weeks.
- The longest current above .500 streak is with Mark "The Mighty" Gainey at 11 weeks
- Let's look at milestones... shout out to rookies Casey Lewis & Justin Dearing, who a few weeks ago successfully passed the "last place win total". There have been 84 people to play this game in it's history, and Willis Watkins has the all time lowest win total ever, with 12 wins. With Casey's 24 and Justin's 25, they are not in last place all time. Hoot!
- Congrats to Jennifer Ernst, who just crossed 1000 regular season wins lifetime, with Tommy McLeod hitting 1K soon (986), followed by Drew // Morris (967)
- Lori "Sunshine" Beirne won her 900th game this past weekend, while both Tim "The Big" Wasyluka is staring at 800 (he's at 790 currently).
- James Hawbaker is one win away from 700 lifetime regular season, and Matt Halpert hit 600 this weekend (he's at 605 now). Brad "Lawdawg" Latta needs 4 to get his 500th win, while Drew "Grassman" Warren is at 390, looking at 400 in the next two weeks.
- Brad "The Bald One" Ashby is at 288, 12 from 300
- In a special Pinkerton Brothers category, former Rookie of the Year and West Division champ Bradley Pinkerton is still the leader at 411, though his 8 seasons in the league is way more than 2nd place Jacob, at 5 seasons, and 218 wins. Brother Matthew is close, just getting to 200 wins this weekend, and is that close despite only being in his 4th season. The littlest Pinky, Mitch, is with 183
- That is regular season wins. When you factor in playoffs, the All Time Wins chart gets a dramatic makeover
- Congrats to Big Eddy McBroom, the all time playoff leader (133 wins), who moved into 2nd place All Time Wins with 1097, passing Drew // Morris, at 1096. Yours Truly leads the list at 1119, but with Eddy's season and my season headed in opposite directions, there is a good chance Eddy could take #1 All Time by season's end.
- Jonathan Osborne grabbed his 1000th all time win this week, putting the list of those at four figures at 7. Yours Truly (1119)... Big Eddy (1097)... Drew Morris (1096)... Jenni Ernst (1094)... Mark Gainey (1051)... Tommy "The Highlander" McLeod (1044)... and now Jon Osborne (1000)
- Coming up the list, Tad Roose (982 all time)... DMOsborne (982)... Lori Beirne (980)... and Eddy the Smaller (963)