Sunday, October 12, 2008

DFC IX Week Eight Games

COLLEGE GAMES...
All ranks from AP Poll, all times CST

22. Vanderbilt Commodores (5-1) at 10. Georgia Bulldogs (5-1), TBA
If, at the beginning of the season, I told any of you that after the mid-point of the season, the Vandy/Georgia game would be a matchup to determine which match against Florida would essentially win the SEC East, you'd laugh at me and say something like, "Yeah, and Auburn's offense is going to suck so bad they'll fire their over-hyped OC before mid-season!"

Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-4) at Tennessee Volunteers (2-4), 11am
Yeah, pick 'em

12. Ohio State Buckeyes (6-1) at 20. Michigan State Spartans (6-1), 230pm, ABC
For one afternoon, perhaps for only three hours on one afternoon, I'm going to be a big Spartan fan. Mostly 'cause I can't stand The Ohio State. Yes, unless something big happens, I'm taking the Spartans all the way.

11. Missouri Tigers (5-1) at 1. Texas Longhorns (6-0), 7pm, ESPN
The game against Missouri next week in Austin could have all of the elements of a potential No. 1 vs. No. 2 battle. Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel will return to his home state. The Tigers haven't won in Austin since 1896 and will be itching for another statement victory to prove themselves as legitimate BCS title contenders.

NFL Games...
San Diego Chargers (3-3) at Buffalo Bills (4-1), 12p, CBS
So, I'm in line for the Bills bandwagon. I have my ticket in my hand. The b'wagon itself is coming down the road, I can see it. I'll see what happens after this game, before I decide to take my seat.

Minnesota Vikings (3-3) at Chicago Bears (3-3), 12p, Fox
The Vikes got past the Lions on a fluke penalty play, to win a game they should have lost. The Bears took the lead with about 7 seconds left over the Falcons, then gave up the yardage, setting up an Atlanta field goal... they lost a game they had won. So, all that is to say... pick 'em.

Indianapolis Colts (3-2) at Green Bay Packers (3-3), 315p, CBS
The Colts finally game alive this past week, putting a beatdown on the Ravens, while Green Bay finally got moving with a win over the Seahawks. And now a 75% Manning runs up against Aaron and his boys.

Denver Broncos (4-2) at New England Patriots (3-2), 7pm, ESPN, Monday Night
What a great year to be Jay Cutler... starting QB for the AFC West leader, and your alma mater so close to their first bowl game since 1733!

TieBreak Game
Mississippi State vs Tennessee Vols, total points scored

No comments: